Sunday 3 June 2018

AGE CANNOT WITHER HER

Children can be very nosy, always asking you how old you are and do you have any children etc. Some nine year old pupils have not let up with the age thing. I have informed them it is rude to ask an elderly woman her age but they keep at it. I told them one day that I was 26 but they seemed unsatisfied with this so another day I told them I was 66 but this puzzled them even more. On another occasion I gave in and announced I had been around for about a million years and had reincarnated so many times that I was getting sick of it to be honest. Then the other day I introduced them to Dr Who, the BBC series that has been running since the 60's I believe. They learnt about the different doctors and at one point started to ask me if I had been around when William Hartnell (1963-1966) or Patrick Troughton ( 1966-1969) had been the doctor. I told them that no I hadn't and that my favourite had been Tom Baker ( 1974-1981). I then heard some whispers and some conclusions that ' I reckon she's about forty five'. I looked over and it seemed they were placing bets the cheeky perishers! 

No comments: