Sunday 27 May 2018

LIFE AS WE KNOW IT JIM

When Mr van de Ven and I are not working hard or enjoying ourselves we like to relax at home. This being a madhouse involves having BBC World on in the background and Mr van de Ven watching various programmes on his laptop in Dutch, Belgian, Spanish, German, French, Arabic. I think you get the picture.... Anyway, while this is going on you will find me languishing in the bedroom reading Daphne du Maurier. From time to time I will get up and check my beloved is still breathing or if I am really bored I will dress up as someone else and hope he notices. It's at this point you probably think 'how sad that they can't watch the TV together', but you see, it is impossible. We have tried but this weird telepathic thing kicks in. For example, the other day I was trying to watch Dutch TV with him, and in my head I was thinking, 'God the Dutch are a good looking bunch' and at the same time my dearest turns to me and says, knowingly, ' we're a handsome lot aren't we?'. Yours truly, the Mental Continental....

No comments: