Saturday 19 May 2018

DREAM ON

I visited some offices again today. More bureaucracy. More Kafka moments awaiting in the wings. I was wandering around and noticed everyone looking really busy although what they were doing was anyone's guess but they all appeared efficient. People buzzing around carrying files and paperwork, others sitting at work stations. I kept finding myself in that space between fire doors that lead into another corridor when suddenly I realised I was lost. All the doors and rooms and now the people looked the same. I didn't want to get trapped in it forever and feeling a bit on edge I decided to go upstairs so I could at least get a better view of things. As I got closer to the top I realised I was on a ship. A war ship. It felt thrilling as I left the monotony below and everything turned into something exciting and invigorating as I clambered up. I could hear the waves crashing against the bow.The ship was sailing at speed into a storm and was avoiding smaller, stationary ships, some of them in flames. I got the feeling the ship I was on was the one that knew where it was going and what its mission was, the smaller ones already defeated. I could smell fire and petrol and taste the brine from the sea. The spray hit my face and I felt fearless and ready for anything. I walked to the prow of the ship and became its figurehead. I was invincible and ready. Wars would be won and ships would be named after me.

No comments: