Monday 18 May 2020

SHIT FOR BRAINS

Years ago I had one of those derailments typical of one's youth where I found myself not at the desired destination of a nightclub but inside what can only be described as a barn waiting to see a band called Gong. The place was packed and I really didn't want to be there and once Gong began to play I sat down and started grimacing till a friend leant over and asked if I could see. 'I've seen it all before', I replied, and indeed I thought I had till today when I saw with those same eyes a middle aged man, sweater ceremoniously draped over his shoulders, loudhailer stuck to his gob demanding the government of the day hands its notice in. All while sitting in a chauffeur driven convertible Mercedes during a pandemic. The entries for the Darwin awards are far exceeding the normal standards of idiocy and derangement these days.

No comments: