Sunday 9 June 2019

That horrible moment when you realise you are talking to a Vox supporter, the far right goon squad in Spain. I always take them to task by mentioning the fact that I am an immigrant and they always respond by saying 'oh, but we don't mean you...' and then they tend to shut up when they realise how that sounds, especially when they have already declared that they are not racist. The other day I found myself in this situation and did the old 'but I am an immigrant' number on him and the bullish bastard said 'have you got your papers in order?' and I replied, 'yes, of course' but not without a tremor of fear at his words and the way he delivered them, with a chilling, imperious air and a conclusion that told me, 'Well, you have nothing to worry about then have you?' 

No comments: