Sunday 30 January 2022

My late father continues to haunt me. I can hear his voice. Around the time of Stephen Lawrence's murder. It was about Sir Paul Condon ( Head of the Met )
'I don't know what you think of that Paul Condon'. ( Marked pause waiting to see what I said)
No answer, so proceeds, 'seems like an amicable bloke'.
Still no answer.
No answer gives him carte blanche which I guess is my intended wish and possibly his. 
'Actually, he seems like a bit of an arsehole'
Glances over to see my reaction and continues.....
'Look, to be perfectly frank I can't stand the bastard'.
And so it goes. We have come full circle. We don't need to watch Line of Duty to know that when I say to Mr van de Ven that I do not like Cressida Dick and I can't stand her and I can't quite put my finger on it and he says 'of course you can't. She's a copper, what do you expect?' 
And here we are. Again. ACAB. Nothing, as Theresa May would say, has changed.  

No comments: