Wednesday 1 April 2020

I slept better last night for a change and the dreams were less, well what exactly? Erratic? Whimsical? I dreamt I saw the Spanish army carrying guns and on seeing my worried, volatile expression one of the soldiers said that they weren't there to shoot us but were there to stop us shooting one another. There were some other soldiers, four of them and they were sitting in a Ford Capri. Even in the dream I was thinking 'of course they're sitting in a Capri, this is a dream they can do what the hell they want'. Next to the Capri was a girl, a familiar girl, someone I have met thousands of times, a person I have known over the years. A mix of everyone you have ever met and liked but weren't able to stay friends with cos your paths went different ways, a funny girl, the girl that turned every awful job or situation into a laugh. I got close to the girl and I realised it was me. I left her while I went off to take some photos of the past. I was sitting outside the Spanish cafe as it was known in Old Compton Street trying to take a photo of some people but I didn't want to ruin their moment. They were doing nothing special just laughing and being friends. One came over and asked why I was taking the photo and I told them that one day we all would be nothing but there would be at least one photo that someone would come across, in a box, in a junk shop or a gallery and other people would wonder about the story behind the photo.
Regarding the dream in the daytime and especially the Capri bit I suddenly recalled a moment that really happened while walking home with my friends Derek, John and Will. We had been to some kind of promotional a party I think near Highbury Fields and we were walking home when one of us noticed we were being kerb crawled by the police.  They drove by slowly and we looked at them expecting them to say something when we  saw that one of them had a police dog, a German Shepherd, sitting on his lap and the dog was wearing the policeman's hat. So don't wonder or worry about my dreams. People are weirder in so called real life.

No comments: