Friday 20 March 2020

I have had horrible nightmares lately due to stress but the other night I had a dream that still haunts me. I was asleep, but also asleep in the dream, when you fear you are going to have to wake up twice and hovering over me was a friend ( you know who you are!) dressed as some sort of physician, very old fashioned with what looked like arm bands on his sleeves. He said something like, 'well you know what this is all about don't you?' I said I didn't and asked where I was. He told me that I was in a game show and said it was called something on a par with, 'Guess Which Celebrity You Are Going To Wake Up Next To? and explained that there was a famous person next to me under a sheet and I had to reveal who it was. Next to me was a figure hidden by what looked like the Turin Shroud. Reluctantly I pulled back said sheet to uncover I had been sleeping next to none other than Herve Villachaize that fuckin midget from Fantasy Island AKA Tatoo dressed as an admiral. He looked at me with eyes a bit too gleeful and said, 'surprise!' That will teach me for reading Thomas Mann's Magic Mountain before I try to go to sleep.

No comments: