Sunday 11 April 2021

The BBC just called. Asking me, begging me, for some anecdote, however lame, just to fill the suspension of news. I thought long and hard and then it came to me. How could I have forgotten! It was a while back. In the theatre. We were all asked to line up. I thought we were going to be shot. Then I see him coming down the line. A familiar face. He got to me and before he had a chance I said, ' so Phillip, what do you do?' His shoulders shot back and he replied, ''I'm a prince''. I said ''we know what you are, but what do you do?'' Then there seemed to be someone whispering ''move him on'', or maybe I imagined that. He did move on but as he did he looked back, paused, smiled, looked me right in the eyes and wagged his finger. I almost expected him to say, ''2pm tomorrow, Rule's Restaurant''. 

No comments: