Tuesday 27 November 2018

I've just woken up. I was dreaming I was in a pub, the Blue Posts in Rupert Street, drinking with Barack Obama. One of those dreams you could stay forever. There were lots of other people there and I kept thinking I really ought to ask him something important as no one would forgive me if I didn't. I decided I would ask how we had gone from him to Trump when I saw him go to the other side of the bar and start serving drinks. He was pouring shots of something and handed me the first smiling and winking as if to say, 'this will get the party started', and then he turned up the music. I threw my drink into someone's cup of tea hoping no one would see and finally said 'sorry Obama ( we were not on first name terms at that point) but I have to get up in the morning, some of us have work to do.'

No comments: