Saturday 23 January 2021

You probably wonder where on earth I live when I describe some of the goings on here. Let's just say if you read Luces de Bohemia by Valle Inclan you might get a better picture. Never a dull moment round here despite the never ending restrictions and curfews. Without going into too much detail I have already had a difference of opinion with a police officer today who did that thing of trying to get me on board with his ridiculous comparisons of situations, gaslighting I think they call it. Trying to make out that we are all guilty at times of misdemeanours. I reminded him that right now I wasn't the mastermind of what was going on in our normally pleasant community and that I was in fact the injured party. I decided to continue the conversation using the aviation alphabet and he crumbled. Two can play at that game. I'm finding this skill or art of getting the other guy to have it my way is getting better as I get older and have nothing to lose.

No comments: