Monday 28 January 2019

A while ago some Spanish kids, about five years old were busy being creative, making some lovely craft for mother's day when suddenly one of them said 'what the fuck'. I decided I had imagined it, as I do with most things, when he said it again. Now I had to decide whether to say something or try not to draw attention when another kid said to me 'he's just said 'what the fuck' and what the fuck is a swear word in English and we are not supposed to saw swear words are we?' I told them that we mustn't say swear words as it is vulgar and uncouth and they all agreed and said they wouldn't say these words again. A few weeks ago one of the kids said 'Oh my God' to which another said 'you just said a swear word in English, Oh my God is a swear word and we are not allowed to say swear words'. Then another decided to chip in and said, 'Oh my God is not a swear word but what the fuck is'. I managed to get the situation under control, sealed the perimeter and all that but what the blue blazes? Where do they get these ideas?

No comments: