Sunday 8 January 2012

OUT WITH OLD

Inspired by Woody Guthrie's New Year's resolutions I have compiled some of my own. I don't need to give up smoking or drink less or take up sport. Just a gentle nudge every now and then will do.


1. Ring aunts more often.
2. Sit up straight.
3. Keep my side of the bed tidy.
4. Learn to fly ( planes, kites, anything..)
5. Write more snail mail.
6. Try to go to bed at one o'clock in the morning, not two o'clock.
7. Avoid bullshit merchants.
8. Sharpen teeth.
9. Feed vultures in the Sierra Guara.
10. Tell 'Gruesome Twosome' they are upsetting me or let it lie.
11. Spend more brown coloured coins at check out, they always need them.
12. Keep quiet on aches and pains.
13. Rehearse aches and pains.
14. Less flannel.
15. Get to the point.
16. Stop thinking I have to comment on everything.
17. Slowly introduce louder clothes.
18. Grow humility.
19. Read James Joyce or forget it.
20. Write husband's resolutions ( with humour not devastation).

No comments: