Monday 31 October 2022

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

I don't really know any of Kanye West's songs but then I don't know anything about Girls Aloud or Ed Sheeran or Jay Z or Drake or Bruno Mars or pretty much anything about 21st century contemporary music good or bad. I watch Graham Norton and listen to the artists he gets on the show and I think out of the hundreds who have performed I only liked Stormzy. You probably think I live a monastic life or that maybe I have been high on drugs in prison, or maybe on another planet. It can get embarrassing, mainly for the other person. Not me. I have no shame when it comes to ignorance of popular culture. I watched a programme called Saturday Night Take Away with someone called Ant and Dec earlier this year which had lots of pranks and so on and it ended with some kind of party with a lot of familiar famous faces. Everyone seemed to be having a lovely time and it all looked like it had been a great success. I turned to my sister and asked her ''do you think they will do this again, it seems like it might catch on''. Turns out the show has been going since 2002. 

No comments: