Sunday 25 August 2019

CHARACTER BUILDING

The family next door are having a massive row. The father is being picked on by the matriarch and her many daughters and grandaughters. They are playing really loud music too, quite happy, upbeat music. Meanwhile my mother and I are listening to Charles Aznavour, La Boheme, and drinking a little red wine with water, talking about so many things. There are a pair of magpies on the make, jumping and chattering around the terrace. I feel at once so happy and yet so wistful at the same time and then I hear someone shout out the Spanish equivalent of 'go back to your own country!' I'm not sure who it was directed at but Mr van de Ven came out and told me not to rise to it but I am afraid that all I can think of is DO NOT GIVE ME CAUSE FOR REVENGE.

No comments: